JOSEPH: DREAM TO DESTINY // Legacy
JUNE 30, 2013 SERMON NOTES
Interview with Travis Kerns // Send>North America: Salt Lake City City Coordinator
Principles of a godly legacy
1. Revisit God’s personal call to use you for His eternal purposes.
The voices that lie to us and destroy our legacy:
1. I’ve messed up, missed out and it’s too late.
2. The responsibility isn’t mine.
3. I’ve earned the right to enjoy life and its pleasures.
4. It’s no use with the problems in culture, my family.
5. I’m disappointed and angry and bitter.
Dennis Rainey, Stepping Up: A Call to Courageous Manhood (2011), 181.
2. Recognize that our legacy begins right behind us but extends well beyond us.
3. The greatest legacy: to reveal the name of God to those who don’t know it.