September 18, 2016 | Sermon Notes
1. Realize your natural tendency is to act and speak on what you hear not wait for what you know.
Joshua 22:13-18, Joshua 22:20.
2. Listen to others with grace and space to harness your own thoughts and words.
3. Take the hard step of speaking directly yet openly.
A. Jesus on conflict: Go to the other person.
Matthew 5:23-24, Matthew 18:15-17
B. Jesus on communicating: love your neighbor as you love yourself.
4. Don’t hide your fears but communicate them in humility.
5. Pursue the presence of God in the place of preserving yourself.
1 Peter 3:8-12