November 8, 2015 | Sermon Notes
I. Jesus and the Great Commission.
Great Commission – two-sided coin:
1. Reaching – invitation to follow Jesus and enter into a relationship with Him.
2. Teaching — investment in the growth of followers of Jesus that results in obedience and reproduction.
Chuck Lawless, Mentor
1. He left the task to everyone of us.
2. He modeled how we were to make disciples and what the product looked like.
Disciple: not just a student but an apprentice who would do what the master did.
3. His aim was world conquest – followers and worshippers from everywhere to the end of the age.
II. The Ingredients of a discipleship culture.
Acts 11:25-26 and Acts 13:1-3
2. Relationships | “We equate discipleship with religious knowledge.” – Ed Stetzer
3. Intentionality | Colossians 1:28-29
4. Word and the Spirit
5. Time | “We try to program discipleship.” – Ed Stetzer
Focus: Adoption/Foster Care
Is God leading you to adopt or foster a child?
Is God leading you to wrap around a family?
Informational meeting: this Wednesday, 6:30 PM, Room B131
Is God leading you to join a more intentional group or relationship?
Is God leading you to lead a more intentional group or relationship?