January 25, 2015 Sermon Notes
Grace Greater | Week 3
Grace Greater Than Our Culture
1. We have the same sins, but they’re veiled behind religion.
2. Our religion is too familiar but our grace often is not.
1. Grace-filled people reach beyond themselves to enter the stories of those near them and not like them. (John 4:1-9).
2. Grace-filled people offer Jesus who quenches the inner thirst that is buried behind the exterior of sin and its consequences. (John 4:10-15)
3. Jesus confronts sin head-on, but for the purpose of transformation, not condemnation. (John 4:16-26)
4. Grace grips the giver first before it’s given away. (John 4:27-42)
Third Emphasis for 2015: Proclaim
1) Attend March 18 event where we continue to see ourselves as a untapped mission force.
2) Partner with the body of Christ – Example of Piedmont Women’s Center
3) Pray about the people you encounter daily.