October 19, 2014 Sermon Notes
Philippians | Week 3
1. Walking through choices with joy (Philippians 1:18-19)
If left to ourselves, the natural choices are:
1) Despondency – I’m not in control and I’m helpless;
2) Frustration – I’m not in control and I’m angry; and
3) Paralyzed – I’m not in control, I don’t know what to do and I’m afraid.
Prayer connects our weakness to the power of the Spirit.
2. Seeing the conclusion with a new perspective (Philippians 1:20-21)
As I lay in my bed in Liberia for the following nine days, getting sicker and weaker each day, I prayed that God would help me to be faithful even in my illness, and I prayed that in my life or in my death, He would be glorified. – Dr. Kent Brantly, Samaritan’s Purse
To live is Christ, To die is gain.