October 20, 2013 Sermon Notes
Marks of a Disciple // Marked by Rest
Luke 5:16 – original language indicates that Jesus “was regularly withdrawing and praying.”
1. Prioritize regular time with God
2. Maximize regular time with God
A. The Results: confession, communion, and commission
Look no man in the face till you have seen the face of God. Speak with none until you have spoken with the Most High. Charles Spurgeon, 1884 sermon
B. The Means: Word, meditation and prayer
1) Take guilt to God.
2) Get to bed earlier.
3) Turn off your phone and connecting device.
4) Establish a regular time and place.
5) Build a routine.
6) Start reasonably.
7) Fight formality and self-righteousness.
8) Carry it into your day.
David Murray, Headhearthand.org