October 2, 2016 | Sermon Notes
September 18, 2016 | Sermon Notes
1. Realize your natural tendency is to act and speak on what you hear not wait for what you know.
Joshua 22:13-18, Joshua 22:20.
2. Listen to others with grace and space to harness your own thoughts and words.
3. Take the hard step of speaking directly yet openly.
A. Jesus on conflict: Go to the other person.
Matthew 5:23-24, Matthew 18:15-17
B. Jesus on communicating: love your neighbor as you love yourself.
4. Don’t hide your fears but communicate them in humility.
5. Pursue the presence of God in the place of preserving yourself.
1 Peter 3:8-12
September 11, 2016 | Sermon Notes
1. Association with God doesn’t allow you to compromise the holiness of God.
2. Defeat gets your attention in ways that a victory never would.
3. The ripple effects of sin are far-reaching and deeply-damaging.
4. In revealing our sin, God reveals Himself so that we might run to Him not hide.
September 4, 2016 | Sermon Notes
1. Trust means marching when we can’t see what God is doing beyond us.
Joshua 6: 8-14
2. Trust means marching when we don’t understand what God is doing in us.
Joshua 6:15-16, Joshua 6:20
August 28, 2016 | Sermon Notes
1. Preparation: reverence for God is the start of finding direction from God.
2. Power: God’s blueprint is designed to display His power not keep you comfortable.
God will take you where you haven’t intended to go in order to produce in you what you could not achieve on your own. – Paul Tripp
3. Proof: God’s presence near you today brings the confidence that He will sustain you tomorrow.
August 21, 2016 | Sermon Notes
1. God has been working in your past in order to prepare you for the challenges of the present.
Key Word: Remember
2. God has given you a guide to walk wisely.
Key Word: Respond
3. God is with you wherever your challenge takes you.
Key Word: Rest