Vision & Values | Week 8 | Life Transformation | Taylors FBC Sermon
May 22, 2016 | Sermon Notes
Disciple: someone who is changed by Jesus (ENCOUNTER), walks with Jesus (EQUIP), and is sent by Jesus (ENGAGE).
Our Mission: Taylors FBC exists to make disciples as we encounter God, equip believers, and engage the world.
1. Life transformation begins through our submission to God’s design not ours.
2. Life transformation is empowered by the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:16-18
3. Life transformation is patterned after the Word.
4. Life Transformation is sustained through prayer.
Prayer ties the first three things together.
5. Life transformation is practiced in community.
The person who loves their dream of community will destroy community, but the person who loves those around them will create community. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer