In the Midst of the Civil War . . .
Changing With Our Community . . .
Later, when the Southern Railway came through the area in 1873, the economic center of our community shifted from Chick Springs to Taylor’s Station. In 1885, the church moved to follow the economic development of the area and became what we know today as Taylors First Baptist Church.
In 2014, Taylors FBC celebrated it’s 150th Anniversary with many events during the year that culminated in a week-long event in September. We now look forward to the next 150 years and all of the life-change they will bring!
The History of Taylors FBC & The Surrounding Area
Jean Martin Flynn (1917-2006, author of An Account of Taylors, South Carolina 1817-1994, History of the First Baptist Church of Taylors, South Carolina with Fifteen Years of Century Two 1964-1979, and Volume Three: The Carswell Quarter Century); Taylors FBC Archives; Numberless Taylors FBC Members; Taylors Mill Properties; The Academy of Arts; Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary; and the Chick Springs Historical Society.
We are not perfect! If you see a date or other fact in error, let us know!